Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MY 2010... Thus Far.


Hope for a new beginning...
Hope for a fresh start...
Hope for Change....

I wanted to erase the problems of 2009.
So how is it that I am not even 2 weeks into the new year and its already 10x worse than last year!?

Since the new year began Ive been searching frantically for money to go to school. Of course I was denied... denied... denied.... and.... denied again. I finally made it to a point with Sallie Mae where I am faxing over documents but with school starting next week... the discouragement level is at an all time high.

In late December I made a rash decision to get back together with my ex. We've been broken up since February. One night... a feeling came over me and I just went with it. Everything was fine at first.. but a few days ago she betrayed my trust. Her lie caused the relationship to end and erased whatever trust I had for her. Even though she betrayed me... I'm going to stay by her side and help her fix her situation but as a FRIEND. You don't turn your back on the people you love....

Then I receive the most devastating news of all; An Earthquake in Haiti! This would be a bad situation no matter where it happened...but Haiti!?! Now i have to add the fact that I have family members who I don't even know are dead or alive to my list of sorrows. I used to go to Haiti every single summer as a child. My Great Aunt was the only FAMILY (Relatives who are there for you) I had on my mothers side. All she wanted was for me to spend time with her. She just wanted to watch me grow because she knew my mother wouldn't be able to. Last time I saw her was about 2 years ago when she came to Long Island. She had me sit on her lap like I was the same 9 year old boy who was with her in Haiti. I knew I was too heavy for her... but she hid the pain with her smile. She gave me $1000 that day but she also gave me something WORTH a lot more...a hug. The last time I saw her in Haiti, she was living in Petionville. Its right outside of Port-Au-Prince and also a part of Haiti which was hit by the Earthquake. However... this lady switched houses like it was nothing. She's strong. She had to survive. I need her to survive..shes the only part of my Mother that I have left.

Amidst all the ignorance, I am so proud to see everyone come together and help provide Haiti with the aid that it needs. From CNN's intense news coverage to twitters trending topics, Haiti is finally getting the attention it deserves. I appreciate all the prayers and all the donations that were made. A lot were lost but a lot will also be saved.

I will leave off with positive news. I found myself a pen pal the other day. I think with all the new technology and internet capabilities we are losing touch with the simple pleasures in life. For example; Opening up a letter. I have something to look forward to now. One day I will open up the mailbox and I will find the smile that I lost in 2009.



5 comments:

  1. Stan, my friend Christina from Haiti is still waiting for word from her mother and brother im anxious for her =( I'm relieved that your family is fine though.

    When the earthquake hit Haiti, the Bahamas was on a tsunami watch. The most inhabited & developed island is only 40 miles long and about 7 miles wide, that would have been the end of too many lives and my whole family on my mom's side. =( I'm glad it didn't happen but Ive been in 2 hurricanes and hate to see the devastation afterward. So my heart really does go out to you and all my friends.

    As for your ex, it made the think of mine for 2 seconds. Taking somebody back after the end of a relationship is hard. As much as I care about mine, i still dont think i could whole heartedly do it because I honestly still have trust issues with him. So you get kudos for going at it again. I hope w/e situation she's in she realizes that having you as a friend is the best thing that could really ever happen to her.

    Dang i had a pen pal for like the first semester of college! I was a lot of fun to send letters (for free) to somebody that was also a freshman and lived on campus, but she transferred and we just stopped =( I should probably write her again...hmmm...

    <3LDubb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate all the feedback. I'll pray for Christina. Its just a really sad situation. I thought about uploading pictures to the blog but It was just too much. God will get us through...someway...somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God will always help us through, im praying for you and your family.

    as for your ex, you remind me of me.
    i know the situation your in, i've been in one identical.
    but you seem to be handling it in a wise way.
    so kuuuuuudos.

    as for school, never give up you NEVER know.

    &&YAYY for pen pals!! i just got one too, im excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a pen pal too??? We're so much alike!! Except different body parts....lol. I hope everything works out... I appreciate the positive energy, brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. u have a way with words...
    im super late w/this comment tho lol so congrats on all the good news uve gotten since then^^^
    and since its not ur bday ... umm ... HAPPY .... FEBRUARY 6TH!! :-\ LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete